Skip to main content

'Passengers' Movie Rewiew- Part 2

Okay, now the part where I be completely honest. The movie wasn't all that. I was going into this movie knowing nothing about it other than the actors and that it has something to do with space.

At the beginning of the movie I was very drawn to it. I quickly realized that the plot could be constructed and shaped into a masterpiece that'll last a lifetime. I also realized that I was completely wrong. My interest was held by a very thin string, that burst about thirty minutes into the movie when I realized that, damn, this story (If it could be deemed that) was going nowhere, absolutely nowhere. Just when all hope was lost, a plot twist was born. So, he was gonna kill a poor girl because he's a lonely little man? Aparently so. Seeing that the most entertaining thing about this movie was Arthur the android, I sat back and chomped on my popcorn (Which was only slightly better than the movie). However, I will say that even though the movie was not impressing me so far it was sorta, kinda entertaining in a way. On and on and on the movie goes, when will it get better? Nobody knows. The movie continues with the two main ( and basically only) stars falling in love as they realize that they are gonna die on this ship. My interest was grabbed again when the truth was revealed to Aurora and again when a new person was introduced. However it was quickly lost again when the movie went on with basically nothing happening and the newly introduced person dying. At this point I truly gave up on trying to understand the movie and focused more on how fast it was going to end. Confusion then hit me like a wrecking ball when the engine exhaust almost kills Jim and Aurora got stabbed by a flting piece of debris causing her to struggle so much for about minute as she could be seen dragging Jim with the only major struggle seen being his weight. I guess I really was not paying attention to the part of the movie leading up to this event but I could not have missed out on that much that I was completely and utterly lost in the plot. Could I? Anyway, I always say that if I begin to watch a movie at its mid-point or any where after I should still be able to understand what was happening in the movie. Let us just say that this movie really did absolutely nothing to hold up to that. A person may be able to understand the movie and they were not to get it right way without previously seeing the movie. Passengers is an alright movie but I honestly think that the writers could have done more with the plot instead of having five and ten minutes of un-important dialogue here and there.  

 I am going to say this very slow ( like this movie ) for you guys to understand. I do not hate this movie, but I do not like it either. I think that it is well put together and I really like it but I would advise you to buy it on DVD or stream it and keep your money for a better movie. 

For not being a total flop and having some entertaining value to it I chose to rate this movie a decent 32% based off my own rubric.   

Comments